How To Find A Roommate at Blanco River Lodge
Are you considering making Blanco River Lodge your new home? It’s a great choice and a wonderful place to live. Now you have the sometimes daunting task of finding the perfect roommate.
You may already have a good friend that you are planning on sharing an apartment with. That’s fine, and friends are a great first place to look for a roommate.
However, be careful that you don’t assume you don’t need to talk about the ground rules of the apartment with a close friend – being roommates has ruined many friendships!
ApartmentLiving has some great tips of things you should talk about before signing that lease together.
- How long do you plan to stay in the apartment?
- What are the house rules when it comes to guests, drinking, and cleaning?
- What happens if a roommate wants to leave early? How will you pay the rent?
- How will rent be divided?
- Who gets the bigger room? And how does that affect their rent share?
Basically the idea is to make sure that you and your roommate go into the lease on the same page and with the same expectations. As long as you do that, and continue to communicate as problems arise, there is no reason you can’t have a long and happy tenancy together!
What tips have you found useful when looking for, or being, the right roommate? Let us know in the comments!