Do’s and Don’ts When Moving into an Apartment
With our ever growing community adding new residents weekly, the Blanco River Lodge family is becoming quite the place to live! For those residents that are planning on making the transition to our lovely San Marcos, TX apartments, here are some Do’s and Don’ts that will assist you in your move:
* Secure keys to your new place first
* Give away unwanted items and minimize what will need to be moved
* Rent temporary storage space if your schedule or budget requires it
* Hire movers if you can afford them and remember you get what you pay for in service
* Determine local expectations if you hire movers – do they expect tips, lunch, both?
* Ask your friends and family to help (always pay them in pizza and beer!)
* Be grateful for any amount of assistance offered to you; remember no one is obligated to help you
* Move alone; you’ll need at least one trusted friend with you at all times to be on the safe side with strangers like movers in your space
* Ignore posted parking rules – the last hassle you want is a ticket or a tow truck
* Forget to offer movers water and a 10-20 percent tip at the end (if that is customary in your area)
* Forget to forward your mail by filling out a form at the post office
For those current residents that have recently moved to Blanco River Lodge, can you offer any insight and/or tips for the soon-to-be residents?
image via TheMuuj